Monday, January 17, 2011

Yogo Bar Review


Fro-yo girl here. Tart fro-yo popsicles are hard to come by. I found a Korean brand, Choripdong, of Plain frozen yogurt popiscles called Yogo Bar while shopping at Marina Foods. Each bar contains more than 30,000,000 CFU of lactobacillus. It's made without any artificial colors or flavors though the main ingredient is corn syrup, followed by sugar and water. Each 75 ml popsicle is 135 calories with 5g of fat. A box of 9 bars retailed for $4.59 - not a bad price for 9 popsicles.



* Plain Yogo Bar: quite good, soft (but not too soft) and icy but creamy thanks to the cream and milk. It is quite sweet, but also tangy and has a milky flavor. It has a clean taste. I found it a bit too sweet but still enjoyable.

I wish it came in other flavors. Maybe they exist and I just need to find them.

4 out of 5 stars

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* MARINA FOOD: 46100 Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They do come in a Strawberry flavor! Those are yummy as well!

Lolia S said...

I haven't seen the strawberry flavor. Did you see it in the Bay Area? If so, where?

- FYG