Thursday, August 6, 2009

Red Mango Probiotic Iced Tea: I’m a Fan


Fro-yo girl here. Yes, I’m reviewing the new Red Mango probiotic iced tea because it’s the tea that thinks it’s fro-yo. And no, the tea doesn’t contain fro-yo (too bad?). Introduced July 27 and available year-round, Red Mango probiotic iced teas are all natural and good for you (just like their fro-yo).

I don’t actually like iced tea (I prefer hot tea) but I do enjoy cold pearl tea. I wasn’t sure how much I’d like the new probiotic iced tea. I tried “Mysteaque” ($2.75 for 16 ounces, $3.25 for 24 ounces). The tea was hand shaken with ice cubes and poured into a signature cup. It’s frothy on top.

Mysteaque is a blend of fresh black tea, natural cane sugar, vanilla, citric acid and probiotics. The first sip reminded me of something but I couldn’t put my finger on it. It later occurred to me that Mysteaque reminds me of pearl tea. It’s balanced, clean, smooth and refreshing: not too sweet, has a strong but not bitter tea flavor and a delicious bourbon vanilla flavor. They didn’t put too much ice in my cup either. The tea went perfectly with my tofu sandwich. I bet it would be good with tapioca balls too (but then it would no longer be healthy and low cal). Love Mysteaque!

Flavors: Lemonocity, Mysteaque, Fanteasia

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* RED MANGO: 852 Laurel St., San Carlos, CA
* RED MANGO: 1159 Locust St., Walnut Creek, CA
* RED MANGO: 429 University Ave., Palo Alto, CA
* RED MANGO: 20560 Town Center Lane, Cupertino, CA
* RED MANGO: 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd. Space 1293, San Jose, CA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting Lolia!

-Robin Fischer