Saturday, June 23, 2018

New Pinkberry Summer Flavor, Passion Mango Frozen Yogurt



Fro-yo girl here. I was pleasantly surprised to find the new Pinkberry summer flavor, Passion Mango, on day one of the launch, June 22. I don’t believe that any new toppings were added to complement the new flavor but Pinkberry does recommend topping Passion Mango with mango and honey almond granola.

* Passion Mango frozen yogurt: I was pleasantly surprised by how tangy it was. It wasn’t as sweet as I feared because of the tanginess of the passionfruit. I have mixed feelings about mango because mango froyo tends to be quite sweet, even when it’s tart based. Passionfruit isn’t my favorite fruit either. I could taste mango and passionfruit, so the flavor was a success. However, it wasn’t refreshing and it didn’t have a clean finish. The texture was silky, smooth and not heavy or dense. It wasn't creamy or icy but somewhere in between. Recommended toppings: Raspberries, organic gummi bears.

Passion Mango frozen yogurt will be available at participating US Pinkberry stores until August 9, 2018.

P.S. Pinkberry is sponsoring a contest. The grand prize is a trip to the London premiere of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: