Tuesday, June 6, 2017

New Froyo Shakes at Menchie's






Fro-yo girl here. Select locations of Menchie’s recently added a new product, frozen yogurt shakes called Froyo Shakes. I think they started testing Froyo Shakes late last year and they recently expanded the number of stores that carry them.

I went to Menchie’s University in Encino, CA, the training center for Menchie’s. They had a sign for the Froyo Shakes. The associate gave me a clear cup which I filled with my choice of toppings, frozen yogurt and/or sorbet. It’s sold by weight like their frozen yogurt. After I filled my cup with the new Tropical Passion Fruit Sorbet, strawberries and pineapple chunks. He added milk to it and mixed it in the blending machine. It would be nice if they had an alternative milk option as well.

The milkshake tasted fine because I did really like the Tropical Passion Fruit sorbet. However, the blending didn’t seem to transform it. There were huge chunks of fruit in the bottom of my cup (too big for the fat straw that I was using). For some reason, the toppings hadn’t been blended into the sorbet. The fruit pieces were as large as they were before they were blended. Maybe I didn’t choose the right toppings or the machine wasn’t working properly?

I will say that I am a fan of Pinkberry's smoothies. They've always been made properly the few times that I've ordered them.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: