Fro-yo girl here. I enjoyed several cups of Yogurtland froyo (Madagascar Vanilla Bean, the new Peanut Butter Cookies & Cream, Salted Caramel Pecan) at the 4th Annual Critics’ Choice TV Awards (CCTA) thanks to Yogurtland. The event took place at the Beverly Hilton yesterday (June 19).
* The Froyo Angle: Yogurtland’s mini-store featured four flavors (Raspberry Lemonade Sorbet, Madagascar Vanilla Bean, Peanut Butter Cookies & Cream, Salted Caramel Pecan) and a toppings bar (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, Yogurtland sprinkles, Oreos, chocolate chips, mini chocolate caramel cups). It was self-serve. Yogurtland also brought along giant froyo spoons (identical to their pink and green spoons only much larger) and included YL cards in the gift bags. Someone from the cast of Archer, which won best animated series, was spotted eating raspberry lemonade sorbet with a giant green Yogurtland spoon.
* What happened the day before the awards: Guests were invited to the gifting suite. The Yogurtland mini-store was ready to provide froyo and toppings.
* Arriving at the event: Celebrities pull up in limos are are escorted to the red carpet, which was set up inside the hotel lobby. You needed press credentials to stand by the red carpet to take pictures. Regular folks with invitations (critics, sponsors) milled around the lounge and VIP areas where drinks and appetizers were served before the show.
* Dinner and the award show: The event is intimate, with celebrities, producers, writers and the TV talent sitting at tables close to the stage and sponsors and critics sitting around the outer perimeter. Seats are assigned with nice full color programs on each seat. The programs list the nominations, network ads that congratulate nominees and sponsor ads. Dinner consisted of finger sandwiches, sweets, and champagne. We sat with Yogurtland and met the franchisees of the year.
* Post show: There was a post show party in the VIP lounge with coffee, drinks, sweets (cookies, cake pops, macarons) and appetizers. Froyo was still available (and during commercial breaks, anyone could dart over for froyo). Since all the food served as finger food, froyo was the most satisfying and delicious food option. Thanks Yogurtland!!! #CriticsChoice #Yogurtland
You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.
Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.