Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Dannon Oikos Greek Frozen Yogurt Review




Fro-yo girl here. Back in late 2011 I reviewed the new Stonyfield Oikos Organic Frozen Greek Yogurt line. I tried the honey flavor and gave it a generous 3 stars. It was sold in a one pint size in six flavors: Peach Mango, Superfruits, Vanilla, Honey, Blueberry and Chocolate. I didn’t like the frozen yogurt much so I didn’t buy it again.

Oikos Frozen Greek Yogurt is back with John Stamos as the spokesperson. It’s been renamed, with Dannon replacing the Stonyfield name. It’s no longer organic. It’s available in a one pint size in six flavors: Strawberry, Cafe Latte, Vanilla, Black Cherry, Chocolate, Key Lime

* Key lime: It’s very firm, so leave it out for a few minutes before scooping. I liked how the texture was firm, thick and creamy; it was similar the texture of ice cream. It was sweet and not tart/tangy. The aftertaste was sweet. I found the flavor pleasant but I prefer a tangier key lime flavor.

One serving has 150 calories, 3g of fat per serving and live and active cultures. I found Dannon Oikos Greek Frozen Yogurt at Von’s on sale for $3.49 (regular price $4.99).

3.5 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just bought some on sale for $3 and got the Vanilla which is very smooth like ice cream but a bit sweeter than I would have liked for a yogurt product.