Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day 2011


Fro-yo girl here. It's Earth Day 2011 and I wanted to give my "Most Eco-Friendly Fro-yo Shop" award to Culture Organic Frozen Yogurt in Palo Alto, CA. They also won this award last year. I applaud their commitment to the environment, which they've had since day 1.

About Culture:
* Store decor features recycled materials.
* Uses compostable cups and spoons.
* Sells reusable fro-yo cups and give you a discount for using the reusable cup.
* A Greenopia recommended business.
* Their fro-yo AND toppings are organic
* Uses local, seasonal fruit

And today (only) they're giving away a free small fro-yo with 1 topping with the purchase of a reusable fro-yo bowl! You can see mine in the picture, the green monster with tangerine fro-yo.


As for the wall of shame, a fro-yo shop that still uses styrofoam cups, I'm afraid that goes to Yumi Yogurt. Yumi - I still love you because of all the fro-yo you put in my cup.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* CULTURE ORGANIC FROZEN YOGURT: 340 S. California Dr., Palo Alto, CA

No comments: