Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tuttimelon SOMA Grand Opening Coverage


Fro-yo girl here. I'm looking at the SOMA Tuttimelon postcard announcing today's grand opening. I collect their postcards, of course.

The shop had its soft opening yesterday at 4 PM. Today's grand opening started at noon and the first 50 guests received a $5 Tuttimelon gift card. From 12 - 2 PM, all guests received a raffle ticket and a small cup. The cup entitled the bearer to free fro-yo. I didn't stay for the raffle at 2 PM but they gave away a Wii and iPod touch.

This location has 6 self-serve fro-yo flavors a day (39 cents an ounce). Today's flavors included:
* Mango tart
* Blueberry tart
* Pomegranate tart
* Original tart
* Almond tart
* Pumpkin



I was excited to try their pumpkin fro-yo and also satisfy my almond tart fro-yo craving. Tuttimelon Bear and I shared a cup of fro-yo topped with vanilla and pumpkin gelato, pomegranate seeds, grapes, raspberries, plain mochi and palm fruit (?) He was happy to be the center of attention again and to meet the newest members of the Tuttimelon family. Congratulations Tuttimelon!!!!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

The iPod Touch was won by an African-American man. I think in his 20s and the Wii went to an asian man in his 40s or 50s.

Anonymous said...

Do you know how I can apply for a job at a future Tuttimelon location?

bananas. said...

pomegranate tart?!? I NEED THAT!

Lolia S said...

Tuttimelon has a job application on their website and e-mail address for jobs: career@tuttimelon.com

Lolia S said...

Thanks for the info on the prize winners!

Lolia S said...

Bananas,

Girl, did you make it to the grand opening? The pom tart wasn't available when I was there but it's my favorite Tuttimelon flavor.

X0 X0, fro-yo girl

Anonymous said...

For the Tokidoki spoons, is it for all Yogurtland locations?

Lolia S said...

As far as I know the Tokidoki promotion is going on at all Yogurtland locations...at least I've heard that it is at multiple Bay Area locations.

Anonymous said...

Are the spoons free?

Lolia S said...

Sure the spoon is free - well you have to buy some Yogurtland fro-yo first. Free with fro-yo purchase :)

Anonymous said...

Lee's Deli @ New Montgomery St. sells frozen yogurt for 37 cents an ounce. They have signs posted all over the outside of their shop.

stellaincognita said...

ooh, how was the pumpkin? is it tart?

Lolia S said...

The Tuttimelon pumpkin fro-yo? It's sweet. It's good - creamy/sweet. Nothing special though.

Lolia S said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thanks for the tip about Lee's Deli! So it's self-serve - it's probably just okay but I should check it out.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if it's self-serve. I didn't go inside. It might just be like Quicklys at Irving street where it's 17 cents an ounce but they have an employee serving the customer the yogurt.

Anonymous said...

Rock It Swirl has pumpkin pie froyo this week.

Lolia S said...

Hmm, more pumpkin pie fro-yo is a good thing.

Bonnibella said...

I think I've had all the flavors at Tuttimelon, expect pumpkin and almond. The almond sounds good, do they have lychee and passionfruit now or is it a summer flavor?

Lolia S said...

Bonnie,

I haven't seen their passionfruit or lychee fro-yo lately...I'm seeing the coconut and almond flavors more, since they're new.

Anonymous said...

hi froyo girl,

who do you think has the best pumpkin flavor? i've been meaning to try some. it seams like all the yogurt shops these days have it now.

Lolia S said...

Blush definitely has my favorite pumpkin fro-yo flavor. It's not the usual sweet kind. I don't have a favorite sweet kind.