Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fro-yo in Boston: Part 2


Fro-yo girl here. On Day 2 in Beantown, I spotted a large fro-yo poster near the Downtown Crossing station. The poster belonged to UFood, a chain of healthy quick food restaurants (sandwiches, salads, smoothies) with locations in several states. They had a separate fro-yo/smoothies counter. They had two flavors of tart fro-yo, original and raspberry. Their Uberry fro-yo was tarter than BerryLine’s and not as “real yogurt” tasting. However it was decent and they have multiple locations, so it’s convenient too.


Wandering through Quincy Market, I spotted one place for fro-yo, Colombo. They had three soft serve machines and no tart flavors. The fro-yo was very expensive ($5.25 for a small, $6.25 for a large). Flavors included vanilla, chocolate, raspberry and cheesecake.


Finally by Fenway Park, I noticed that the Emack & Bolio’s had a poster for soft-serve fro-yo. They carry tart flavors too. The shop was closed though. Earlier I walked by their shop close to the New England Aquarium and that one didn’t have fro-yo. Emack & Bolio’s was across the street from the Regal Cinema and UFood. I think that UFood location had Uberry fro-yo. I was surprised by how many people were out and about late at night by Fenway Park...people that I think would enjoy fro-yo.

Berry Freeze, boYO, Yo! Berry, Chill, and Spun, I’m sorry I didn’t get to sample your fro-yo. Pinkberry and Yogurtland – where are you?

Update: Pinkberry announced a Boston location.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* UFOOD GRILL: 530 Washington St., Boston, MA
* COLOMBO: 200 Fanueil Hall Marketplace, Boston, MA
* EMACK & BOLIO’S (w/ soft-serve tart fro-yo): 140 Brookline Ave., Boston, MA
* UFOOD GRILL: 201 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA

No comments: