Friday, August 21, 2009
Yogurtland Celebrates Its 50th Location
Fro-yo girl here. Earlier this week, Yogurtland announced the grand opening celebration for its 50th location, in Anaheim. With free fro-yo, free gift cards, free t-shirts and the Kogi BBQ truck, I can’t even imagine how crazy it’s going to be. Congrats to Yogurtland! Love the new logo and the poster design.
I’d like to take a moment to see where the chains stand right now (as of August 21, 2009) and I’ll update this again if I remember to, about a year from now. Also, the information on their website might not be completely accurate but I assume they update their locations listings on a regular basis.
* Golden Spoon: 103 US locations, I counted 101 but they didn’t list San Jose and Castro Valley and I know those are open. They’ve been around the longest and they’re still the largest.
* Red Mango: 57 US locations
* Pinkberry: 56 US locations
* Yogurtland: 50 locations according to the poster but I counted 55 US locations on their website. They probably opened five between the time they ordered the poster and now.
* Cefiore: 31 US locations
* Yogen Fruz: 29 US locations
* Yogurberry: 24 US locations
* Tutti Frutti: I started to count these but I can tell that they don’t distinguish between open and coming soon/not open stores on their website.
* Orange Tree: 10 US locations
Red Mango and Pinkberry are truly neck and neck. I wonder which one will make it to SF first. Yogurtland seems to have the real momentum? It seems like certain people can’t stop talking about self-serve.
You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.