Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Bay Area Fro-yo Smoothie Recommendations
Fro-yo girl here. In a recent Fro-yo Girl reader survey, fro-yo smoothies were the most popular choice (43%) and followed by fro-yo parfaits (29%). After my Jamba Juice phase, I think I’m done with smoothies for life. Fro-yo adds a new twist to smoothies though. Here are a few of my picks for fro-yo smoothies in the Bay Area.
* BLUSH ORGANIC FROZEN YOGURT: Called the Blush Blend, this smoothie includes your choice of juice, two types of fruit, and premium organic fro-yo. These items are blended with ice and out comes your delicious Blush smoothie. Their smoothies are so good because their fro-yo is so delicious.
* RED MANGO: Their smoothies, called Blenders, are one of the few that can include non-fruit options. You choose the fro-yo flavor and any three toppings. They add ice and blend. You can even get cereal and mochi balls in your blender. I like to stick with tart berries but the cereal options are fun (especially Fruity Pebbles).
* CEFIORE: They have a really good green tea fro-yo smoothie. It’s made with green tea fro-yo, green tea powder, milk, and ice. It was creamy with tiny icy bits, a little sweet and refreshing.
* TUTTI FRUTTI DANVILLE: You can build your own fro-yo smoothie here. I’ m not brave enough to do it but they offer the greatest freedom to create your own smoothie. Choose as many fro-yo flavors and toppings as you want, they weigh it (it’s 38 cents an ounce) and blend it.
You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.
* BLUSH ORGANIC FROZEN YOGURT: 4640-A Tassajara Road, Dublin, CA
* BLUSH MILPITAS: 489 E. Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas, CA
* RED MANGO: 852 Laurel St., San Carlos, CA
* RED MANGO: 1159 Locust St., Walnut Creek, CA
* RED MANGO: 429 University Ave., Palo Alto, CA
* RED MANGO: 20560 Town Center Lane, Cupertino, CA
* RED MANGO: 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd. Space 1293, San Jose, CA
* CEFIORE: 59 New Montgomery St., San Francisco, CA
* CEFIORE: Westfield San Francisco Centre, 845 Market St, #277, San Francisco, CA
* TUTTI FRUTTI: 37 Railroad Ave, Danville, CA