Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Yagoot: From Ohio to Salt Lake City

 






Fro-yo girl here. I was surprised to learn that Yagoot opened in Salt Lake City last year. Somehow, I missed the announcement. I remember back in 2017, I heard Yagoot planned to open in Hollywood and I’m pretty sure that they never did. But Yagoot SLC franchise store is real!

I’ve been wanting to try Yagoot for many years now. Yagoot started making froyo in Ohio in 1977 and the SLC location is the only one outside of Ohio at the moment. The yogurt is made with hormone-free dairy sourced from local (Ohio) farmers and the recipes are Scandinavian. Packed with live, active cultures, the yogurt is 99% fat free, gluten-free, hormone-free, and kosher. They’re known for their tart froyo!

Yagoot is in the Sugar House neighborhood, I think (I’m not that familiar with SLC). It’s a new looking space without much decoration – white walls, white counter. Choose from signature bowls, smoothies, cups, parfaits, and floats. They also have froyo treats for dogs. I noticed there were a lot of frozen dessert options in the same neighborhood, on the same street even. Yagoot is the only froyo shop in SLC to specialize in tart froyo.

There were six flavors to choose from. Ask for samples. All the flavors are tart!

Froyo flavors:

  • White chocolate raspberry: didn’t notice the white chocolate because of how tangy the raspberry was
  • Coconut
  • Mango
  • Original: tangy, refreshing, light
  • Strawberry
  • Key lime pie: lip-puckering tang, soft in texture, strong key lime flavor

A small cup is $5.50, add $1.50 for up to three toppings. The parfait is the best deal – you get more froyo and toppings for $7.50: 3 toppings, 4 layers of froyo. The small cup is nice for a snack. The parfait is more like a meal. 
They also had prepacked pints of the froyo.

If you enjoy tart froyo, you should like Yagoot. I enjoy tart froyo and was still surprised by how tart the froyo was. My issue was the texture – the froyo melted quickly and seemed a tad too soft and airy to me. It’s light and refreshing rather than dense and creamy.

They had the typical toppings like cereal, mochi, brownies, coconut, granola, sauces, nuts, candy, cookies, chocolate chips, etc. I spotted Halloween toppings as well.

You know you love me. Xo xo, fro-yo girl.

* YAGOOT, 932 E 900 S Suite C, Salt Lake City, UT 84105

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: