Thursday, December 8, 2016

Pazzo Gelato Greek Yogurt Gelato



Fro-yo girl here. I don’t have gelato that often. First, I’d much rather have froyo. Second, I prefer ice cream to gelato. However, when a gelato shop offers yogurt gelato, it gets my attention. Pazzo Gelato posts flavor updates on Twitter and a recent update listed Greek Yogurt. Yes.

Pazzo makes its own gelato with top quality ingredients and local produce. They also serve smoothies, shakes, pastries, coffee and tea.

* Greek yogurt gelato with honey: This was indulgent, rich, velvety, extremely dense and smooth. I liked how it had a slight tang from the yogurt and the honey flavor was prominent and delicious. This was the smoothest, densest yogurt gelato that I’ve had (I’ve tried yogurt gelato at several gelato shops).

I also had a scoop of strawberry buttermilk gelato. The texture wasn’t as smooth as the Greek yogurt but it was thick and creamy. It wasn’t tangy but it did taste like fresh strawberries with cream.

Apparently Pazzo Gelato had a European yogurt gelato in the past but I haven’t seen it offered lately. If they ever offer green tea yogurt again, I have to get some.

Pazzo Gelato has two locations: one in downtown LA and the other in Silverlake.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* PAZZO GELATO: 3827 W Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026



Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: