Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Stonyfield Oh My Yog! Tri-Layer Organic Yogurt Review


Fro-yo girl here. Stonyfield launched the Oh My Yog! Yogurt line late last month. Oh My Yog! features a unique tri-layer format: cream on top, creamy yogurt with a touch of honey in the middle and fruit on the bottom. It’s made with organic ingredients, including organic whole milk.

A six ounce cup retails for $1.59 (I found it at Whole Foods for $1.79). The Orange Cranberry flavor is 190 calories with 5 grams of fat.

Available flavors: Madagascar Vanilla Bean, Wild Quebec Blueberry, Pacific Coast Strawberry, Gingered Pear, Apple Cinnamon, and Orange Cranberry.

* Orange Cranberry: I peeled the lid off and stuck my spoon in it. Each layer is so different that I felt like stirring them together. The top layer of cream made the stirred yogurt clumpy but it wasn’t unpleasant to consume lumpy yogurt. I found some tiny orange bits. The orange flavor is very prominent while the cranberry flavor is subtle. The yogurt is very sweet (it’s sweetened with sugar and honey) and felt indulgent. I missed the yogurt tang. I could see eating this yogurt as a dessert or snack (rather than for breakfast).

* Madagascar Vanilla Bean: I tried eating it without stirring it...it definitely needs to be stirred well. The clumpy cream is tasty and the vanilla flavor is strong. This flavor was better than the Orange Cranberry but I found it too sweet.

Ingredients (Orange Cranberry): Cultured pasteurized organic milk, organic sugar, organic honey, organic orange juice, organic cranberries, organic orange peel, natural flavor, pectin, organic carob bean gum, contains live active cultures

Want to try Oh My Yog!? Use Stonyfield’s store locator: http://www.stonyfield.com/products/oh-my-yog

3.5 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: