Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fro-yo Tweets

Fro-yo girl here. Since I joined Twitter, I've tweeted over 2,500 times. I love using it to follow fro-yo shops all over the world (though I tend not to add the ones that don't tweet in English), follow fro-yo conversations, retweet fro-yo news and promotions, and more. Free fro-yo announcements are a favorite of mine, plus learning about new shops and new flavors.

I just don't understand fro-yo shops that create Twitter accounts and don't tweet...or very rarely tweet even though it's free and takes very little time. Bericup's last tweet was on the day it opened. Yo-Go Frozen Yogurt doesn't even have one tweet. What a shame and what a lost opportunity. I'm sure many fans of the shop who are on Twitter would love to receive timely information from the fro-yo shop and it helps keep the shop on someone's mind.

One thing I always wonder is what flavors are currently at the shop. Some old school fro-yo shops put this in a recorded message that plays when you call the shop. Some put the flavors on their website...but when flavors change often, it seems easier to just post these on Twitter (or Facebook). A new flavor or the return of an old favorite can prompt me to visit the shop.

I also like the more creative fro-yo tweets that encourage readers to respond, like ones that pose fun questions, e.g., 21 Choices asked "if you were a frozen yogurt, you would be?" Contests, special promotions (e.g., mention the secret word and get a free topping), events, celebrity sightings, sharing pics of customers w/ their fro-yo, sharing positive testimonials - fro-yo shops have so much to talk about.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

3 comments:

Whitneyleah said...

Hi Fro Yo Girl,

I'm a new reader to your blog but so far I've really enjoyed your posts. Quick question - is there a frozen yogurt place that does Twitter particularly well in your opinion?

Thanks!

Lolia S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lolia S said...

Thanks for the great question. I think the national chains (Pinkberry, Red Mango, Yogurtland) all do a great job with Twitter at the corporate level but some of their individual locations are inactive on Twitter.

For smaller shops, I really like @BerryLine - they keep their tweets fun, relevant and varied.

- FYG