Friday, August 13, 2010

Fro-yo Swirling Skills


Fro-yo girl here. The results are in. I asked you, the readers, about your fro-yo swirling skills, and the majority of you (59%) are fro-yo swirling masters. I fall in the "I get by" category, along with 26% of you. Only 6% of you say that you need lessons and 8% have never had to swirl their own fro-yo. I've seen some hideously ugly swirling from most people, so the results show that my readers are people who, for the most part, are really into fro-yo (and possibly work in the fro-yo business) and/or naturally gifted.

I've actually had fro-yo swirling lessons but I was very nervous at the time and I think my swirling tends to be too tense and controlled. The lesson involved tilting the cup a bit and letting the wrist do much of the work. The end result should be uniform swirls that end in a peak that stands up (I've included a picture that I think shows great swirling technique). Other factors influence the ease of swirling too. Sometimes it's too soft or too stiff. Sometimes it comes out the machine too quickly.

I think I'm getting better but I can't stop thinking that I'd prefer to have someone swirl my fro-yo fro me as I swirl my own.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: