Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Culture!



Fro-yo girl here. I don’t live or work close to Palo Alto, unfortunately, but I still make special trips to go to Culture Organic Frozen Yogurt. This week they’re celebrating their one year anniversary (be sure to wish them a Happy Anniversary – and get a free topping in return – but the offer ends on Friday, 9/25), so I had to stop by and also reflect on the special occasion.

I had a cup of original tart fro-yo in my smurf blue fro-yo cup and topped it with crunchy housemade graham crackers (delish!). The texture was great tonight, thick and creamy but also refreshing with an icy edge. The flavor still has some sourness though it’s not as sour as it was when it first opened (too bad – I miss the old original tart flavor). They didn’t have frozen kefir today either (boo). I love that I don't have to swirl it myself.

Current fro-yo flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Original, Raspberry peach banana

Culture milestones:
* First shop in Bay Area to offer frozen kefir
* First to offer homemade fro-yo toppings like crisps, marshmallow crème, housemade meringues, etc. And they’re organic!
* First Bay Area fro-yo shop to offer flaxseed cones
* First Bay Area fro-yo shop to offer fro-yo sandwiches (Yo’Wiches)
* Site of fro-yo event hosted by yours truly

Mary, please make mochi!!!!!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* CULTURE ORGANIC FROZEN YOGURT: 340 S California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94306

No comments: