Thursday, August 17, 2023

The End of Yalla Mediterranean

 

site of Yalla Burbank

Fro-yo girl here. Back in June 2020, I wrote about how Yalla Mediterranean was no longer serving Greek froyo at any of their locations. Once they stopped serving froyo, I stopped going, of course. In March 2021, I noticed that half of Yalla’s locations had closed. Now I’ve learned that all their locations have closed.

Yalla Culver City, Walnut Creek, and Burbank closed about a year ago. Yalla seems to have closed in Culver City in February 2022. The last Yalla post on Instagram and Facebook was made in April 2022.

The Yalla space in Burbank is going to become Dave’s Hot Chicken.

Yalla was a new concept from Daphne’s that launched in 2014. Their Greek froyo was a bit icy but I did like it. I appreciated the small portion which was perfect for dessert. 

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: