Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Enlightened Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Review




 

Fro-yo girl here. I’m not a huge fan of classic cheesecake (I do like Japanese cheesecake, the fluffy kind), so I wasn’t in a hurry to try Enlightened’s Greek Yogurt Cheesecake. They launched Greek yogurt cheesecake a year ago (April 2022) in two flavors: classic and chocolate. The product is described as “New York-style Greek yogurt cheesecake with a graham cracker crust and a dollop of whipped cream on top.” It has up to 50 percent less sugar compared to the same size serving of regular cheesecake. The main ingredient is Greek yogurt.

One box contains two individually packaged frozen mini cheesecakes with a suggested retail price of $5.99. Each cheesecake comes in a lidded cup. I found the cheesecakes at Grocery Outlet for $2.49. You’re supposed to either microwave the cheesecake, thaw it at room temperature or thaw in the refrigerator. I left the cheesecakes in the fridge for over the recommended 45 – 60 minutes (didn’t read the instructions carefully), so that may have affected the flavor and texture.

Classic cheesecake: It was smooth and creamy but didn’t taste like cream cheese or yogurt. I thought it tasted like plastic. Maybe the plastic of the cup it was in? The whipped cream was chewy and also tasted like plastic. The crust was soft but had a little more flavor. I could taste cinnamon and molasses.

One cheesecake is 190 calories with 11g of total fat, 19g total carbs, 8g total sugars, and 6g protein.

I had to throw the cheesecakes out. I do appreciate the lower sugar aspect but the cheesecakes taste like plastic.

1.5 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: