Thursday, December 29, 2022

Painful California Froyo Shop Closures of 2022

Yogurtland, Burbank, Media Center



Fro-yo girl here. Before turning the page on another year, I like to take a moment to remember a few froyo shops that closed during the year. This year, there were fewer froyo shop closures and none of the closures were very painful, but I do have a few that I'd like to mention.

Menchie's, 1040 Mission St., South Pasadena, CA 91030

Menchie's South Pasadena closed this summer. It was the one closest to my house, so I'd been there many times. Truthfully, it went downhill a long time ago many years ago. Part of me is glad that it closed because it reached such a miserable state. The soft serve machines were acting up and they barely offered any flavors. Sometimes the froyo was very icy. 

Yogurt World, 701 Sonoma Mountain Pkwy Suit, B-3, Petaluma, CA 94954

I've never been to the Yogurt World in Petaluma, but it was over 30 years old, so it deserves a mention.

Yogurtland, 304 N San Fernando Blvd, 
Burbank, CA 91502

There are two Yogurtland locations in Burbank. The one in downtown Burbank closed in the fall. I've gone by a few times since then, and the space hadn't been cleared out yet. 

Yogurtland Burbank Media Center was nearly 13 years old. I went a few times, including to the 5th anniversary celebration.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: