Saturday, December 31, 2022

My Best Froyo Swirl of 2022


Fro-yo girl here. I’ve looked at all the froyo cups and cones that I consumed this year and found my best looking self-swirl. My best looking swirl happened during my first visit to the new Easy Breezy in Los Gatos. I chose three flavors, vanilla bean gelato, plain tart froyo, and vegan strawberry breeze and added different toppings to each. The proportions of froyo are about equal and the toppings are neatly placed. Yum!

I’ve had 145 cups (and cones) of froyo this year, more than last year’s 134 cups but less than the 153 cups in 2020. My first cup of froyo this year was True Tahini from Yoga-urt in Echo Park (the froyo is naturally sweetened with no sugar added, vegan, organic, and Mr. Froyo’s favorite). My last cup was the plain froyo at Anita Gelato. They opened this year in Tarzana.

Of the 145 cups/cones of froyo, 60% were self-serve (or in some cases, partial serve). A few places that were self-serve still don’t allow customers to add their own toppings (e.g., Yogurtland Eagle Rock, Yogurtland Burbank) but most are back to self-serve froyo and self-serve toppings. In 2021, only 31% of my cups were self-serve and in 2020 that number was 23%.

I’m a big fan of getting just one froyo flavor per visit. This year, 88% of my cups had one flavor. Last year, 90% of my cups had a single flavor. I’m consistent! Eight-one percent of my cups had were dairy-based in 2022 compared to 26% in 2021 and 25% in 2020.

You can see every cup of froyo that I consumed on my Pinterest board.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: