Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Orange Hokkaido Soft Ice Dessert Review



Fro-yo girl here. I’ve seen Hokkaido style soft serve cones for sale in the freezer section of several Asian markets, including Hmart in Arcadia and Mitsuwa in San Gabriel, CA. The cones are sold individually. I’ve seen two flavors at Hmart, vanilla and strawberry. The cones are imported from Japan. Hmart was selling the Orange Hokkaido cones for $1.99 each (sale price).

I saw single serve soft serve cones in the freezer section of several markets in Japan, though I didn’t see the Orange branded ones.

The conical packaging keeps the integrity of the soft serve swirl though the swirl looks more like squiggles than the typical soft serve swirls. I did notice that quite a few swirls of the cones at Hmart had melted but the packaging is clear, so look for a good-looking swirl if you’d like to buy one.

One cone is 6.08 fl oz, 150 calories, and 18g sugar.

* Vanilla soft serve cone: I didn’t think the cone texture or the soft serve would fare well once placed in the deep freeze. The cone wasn’t crunchy like a normal cone. It was soft and chewy. The soft serve ice cream was better than I expected. It was actually soft and creamy but it seemed blander. The treat was better than I expected though of course a fresh soft serve cone is better. I’m willing to try other brands.

3.5 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: