Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Menchie’s Monrovia Closes



Fro-yo girl here. I was somewhat surprised to learn that Menchie’s Monrovia at the Huntington Oaks Plaza closed earlier this year. I’d been going there for years and it always seemed to be empty. Then several Menchie’s opened closer to where I live (Glendale, Eagle Rock, El Monte, South El Monte), so I stopped going to the Monrovia location.

That isn’t to say that I won’t miss Menchie’s Monrovia. Two years ago I named it as the best Menchie’s in the area. The service was great, they usually had the new flavors, and they usually answered the phone. Reading reviews from this year, Menchie’s Monrovia reduced its hours and wasn’t open on weekends. The toppings supplier claims that their company hasn't been paid.

The Monrovia location still looks like a Menchie’s though the froyo machines and toppings bar have been removed. They have a custom Menchie’s Huntington Oaks mat that I’d love to have. There is no sign in the window explaining why they closed.

RIP, Menchie’s Monrovia.

* MENCHIE’S: 606 W Huntington Dr., Monrovia, CA 91016

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.


1 comment:

Laure said...

Thanks for the info!