Thursday, September 14, 2017

Target Closes Freshii Locations In Southern California


Fro-yo girl here. Freshii opened inside several Los Angeles/Southern California Target locations back in mid-2016. On my last visit to Target in Old Town Pasadena, I noticed that Freshii looked permanently closed. They turned off the flatscreen monitors, removed the snacks, and removed much of the equipment. I asked a Target employee about it and he said that Freshii didn’t do as well as they had hoped, so Target closed all the Freshii locations in the area.

Those locations include:

· Brea

· Culver City

· Irvine (2 locations)

· Pasadena

· Valencia

· West Hollywood

· Woodland Hills

I didn’t call all the locations and verify that the Freshii was closed, but a few of these locations have already been reported as closed on Yelp. I did go to Freshii inside the Target in Pasadena once and I found out that they changed their frozen yogurt. They used to offer plain tart frozen yogurt but they changed to a sweet vanilla frozen yogurt. To be honest, their frozen yogurt has never been good or even average. It also annoyed me that they only offered one size (huge) when I was looking for a snack. The service that I received at Freshii inside Target was poor and the food took forever even though they weren’t busy at all and they didn’t have to cook anything to get my order ready. The Air Canada Freshii deal makes sense for them because people on airplanes don’t have much choice in terms of what they eat (captive audience), so they might even be hungry enough to eat Freshii.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* FRESHII at TARGET: 777 Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91101

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: