Saturday, September 23, 2017

Spread Mediterranean Kitchen Adds Baklava Topping to Froyo




Fro-yo girl here. When Spread Mediterranean Kitchen opened in downtown LA last year, I was very excited because of their menu and their housemade Greek froyo with interesting toppings. There’s one flavor, plain (the best flavor). The toppings included beet salt & citrus powder, chai halva crumble, or harissa dry spice & pita chip.

I’ve visited Spread multiple times since it opened. I really enjoy the food and the froyo. I also enjoy the ambiance/décor. The food is high quality and very flavorful but served in a casual (no waiter) setting. I think their falafel might be my favorite, served on top of their creamy hummus. It’s full of herbs with a light crunch outside. Their frozen yogurt is a bit icy but refreshing, not as sweet and less processed tasting. The toppings have changed over time. They added baklava (replacing the halva) but when I asked about it, they said they didn’t have any. So disappointing – but I am craving more falafel and the citrus zest froyo topping is so good.

* SPREAD MEDITERRANEAN KITCHEN: 334 S Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90034

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: