Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Chobani Limited Batch Concord Grape and Green Tea Greek Yogurt, Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats Review



Fro-yo girl here. I like the idea of seasonal Greek yogurt flavors. Last fall Chobani introduced two seasonal limited batch Greek yogurt flavors, Apple Cinnamon and Pumpkin Spice. Last month they introduced their latest limited batch flavors, Concord Grape and Green Tea.

Limited batch flavors are available while supplies last for a limited time only. They’re creative, unexpected flavors for adult palates. The product is a blended, 2% milkfat Greek yogurt that’s all natural with live and active cultures.

* Green Tea (4 out of 5 stars): This was my favorite limited batch flavor. The texture was thick, smooth and creamy. The flavor was tangy and not too sweet with a hint of green tea flavor.

* Concord Grape (3 out of 5 stars): Smooth, thick and creamy without any grape bits (it’s flavored with grape puree and grape juice concentrate), it had the distinctive Concord grape flavor…which I’m not sure that I like that much. 


I found Chobani Limited Batch Greek Yogurt at Target. One 5.3 oz cup is $1.14.

While I was at Target I decided to try Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats too. It was on sale for $1 a cup. One serving is also 5.3 oz. The yogurt is made with 1.5% milkfat milk and is 170 calories per serving. I tried the cranberry flavor. The oats are soft and chewy and they make it a more filling snack. It also had bits of cranberry. The yogurt was creamy and tangy but sweeter than I expected. The chewiness was okay but I would have preferred a crunchy topping. 
3 out of 5 stars.

Chobani is coming out with interesting new products that are worth trying.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: