Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Yogurtland Cookie Dividers Go National




Fro-yo girl here. I first wrote a blog post about Yogurtland’s cookie dividers last summer after tracking them down in Southern California, during the test market phase. I didn’t publish the post at the time because the dividers were only in a few stores. Good news cookie and divider fans; Yogurtland’s cookie dividers have been approved for wider distribution. If you don’t see them at your local Yogurtland, ask for them and your shop might order them.

The original cookie divider was a sugar shortbread cookie. There’s a second flavor: chocolate.

Here’s my original post (which is a year old):

Yogurtland cookie dividers have been hard to find. The cookie dividers are available at select Yogurtland locations, including some in Southern California.

The cookie dividers are in a clear case by the frozen yogurt cups. They fit snugly into the 16 ounce fro-yo cup, creating two equal sized, divided compartments. Each cookie has the Yogurtland logo imprint (love that!). The sugar shortbread cookie divider is about one-quarter of an inch thick (pretty sturdy). The texture is soft and firm. It's neutral enough to go with any flavor.

The cookie did an excellent job of separating the two sides without getting even the tiniest bit soggy. I’m really impressed with the cookie divider. The only minor negatives are (1) it’s a big cookie so I felt guilty eating it, (2) since I wanted to keep my fro-yo and toppings separate, I didn’t have much room for yogurt. I prefer to have a higher ratio of fro-yo to toppings (not 50/50). I think I’d prefer 80% fro-yo and 20% toppings or 90%/10%.

The possibility of different cookie divider flavors like chocolate chip, peanut butter, and snickerdoodle boggles the mind.

Update: Mrs. Fields cookie dividers have been spotted at TCBY/Mrs. Fields.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* YOGURTLAND BURBANK MEDIA CENTER: 304 N San Fernando Blvd Burbank, CA

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: