Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Yogurt Candy Review: Glico Gummy & Yogurt Candy


Fro-yo girl here. I love my Nijiya Market. Every few months I’ll find a new Japanese yogurt flavored candy in the candy aisle. During a recent visit I found Glico Gummy & Yogurt candy, which comes in a white and green with a picture of aloe resealable pouch. There’s very little English on the package so I’m not even sure what the ingredients are. Luckily, the flavor is listed in English.



The cube is firm like a jelly with two layers. The texture is softer on top and chewier on the bottom. So the bottom layer is probably the gummy layer and the top is the yogurt aloe gel. The cube is covered in sugar. The top layer is very sweet but also very tangy, like a tangy aloe drink flavor. The bottom layer is sweet without much flavor. I liked both the texture and the flavor. It’s not exactly the sour kind of gummy that I like but it is quite tangy and flavorful.

A bag of Glico Gummy & Yogurt candy is $1.99. It looks like this candy comes in other flavors (Strawberry Yogurt, Blueberry Yogurt) but I didn’t see those at my Nijiya.

4 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* NIJIYA MARKET:1737 Post St #333, San Francisco, CA

No comments: