Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tuttimelon Modesto Grand Opening Coverage


Fro-yo girl here. Tuttimelon Bear and I made it to Modesto for Tuttimelon's grand opening event today. The new location inside Vintage Faire Mall replaces Melt Gelato. Tuttimelon Modesto offers 8 flavors of self-serve fro-yo a day and 24 flavors of gelato. The Sumo Bowl is back!



Today's event started at noon and people lined up early. The line continued to grow. Guests received a small cup that they could fill with fro-yo and toppings (for free from 12 PM - 2 PM). They also had a chance to spin the prize wheel (prizes included a limited edition I (picture of an orange spoon) froyo t-shirt, gift card, or a scoop of gelato) and get a raffle ticket. There was a countdown at noon and an excited cry from the crowd as Tuttimelon opened. They had a videographer on hand to document the special event.



I received the first cup of fro-yo, swirled by Mr. Tuttimelon (I still hate swirling my own): original tart, pomegranate tart fro-yo, with mochi, blueberries and mango. Tuttilicious!

The raffle took place at 2:30 PM and it went quickly. I saw a girl win the Nintendo DS and a woman win the Kindle (missed the iPod Nano giveaway).

I took pictures so you can see the line before it opened, the prize wheel, my special gift, and the prize drawing. Unfortunately I won't be at their Hong Kong opening next week. Congratulations Tuttimelon!!!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* TUTTIMELON MODESTO: Vintage Faire Mall, 3401 Dale Rd. #508, Modesto, CA

No comments: