Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tuttimelon Valley Fair Grand Opening Coverage



Fro-yo girl here. Tuttimelon Bear and I headed down to Valley Fair early today for the grand opening of the new Tuttimelon flagship location. People were already waiting in line an hour before it opened (the first 50 received exclusive new Tuttimelon t-shirts and a turn at spinning the prize wheel). The Truly Tuttilicious shirts came in white and pink with a flocked Tuttimelon logo (I received a special black t-shirt). The t-shirts were very nice American Apparel tees.



The scene was hectic because the fro-yo machines weren't cooperating but the Taylor technician showed up on his day off and soon the free fro-yo began to flow...for two hours a diverse group of people had the chance to spin the wheel (prizes included gelato, the Sumo bowl, $5 Tuttimelon gift cards) and help themselves to free fro-yo and toppings (as much as they could fit in the small cup). One family won two Sumo bowls. There were some hilarious pictures taken of people with their giant Sumo bowls, overflowing with fro-yo. The first person in line was a guy with long hair. Some people just kept coming back for more fro-yo!



I was lucky enough to help out a bit, making most of the labels for the toppings and chatting with the shop owners and the rest of the Tuttimelon family (including Mr. Tuttimelon, Roy, of course). Their new location has 10 fro-yo flavors a day at 38 cents and a case filled with Tuttimelon gelato and sorbet (including creme brulee, black sesame).

Fro-yo flavors of the day:
* Vanilla
* Chocolate
* Egg nog
* Strawberry tart
* Acai blueberry tart
* Original tart
* Almond tart
* Taro tart
* Pomegranate tart



At 2:15 PM, the prize raffle began. The first person won $20 in TM gift cards. The next prize was $30 in TM gift cards. Next up was a blender of all things. It's good for smoothies I guess. The crowd was excited about the Wii Sport and PS3 (more so than the blender); a guy won the Wii Sport. The grand prize was the Playstation 3.



I love that Tuttimelon has such wonderful tart flavors. Most self-serve shops don't have enough tart flavors and/or their tart flavors are too icy and don't taste like real fro-yo.

Congratulations Tuttimelon and thank you for such a wonderful grand opening event!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like the mango flavor. It doesn't taste enough like mango but I always get that flavor. I really like their passion fruit flavor. I read that Tuttimelon SOMA has peach flavor so I gotta try that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tweet on Tuttimelon West Portal hiring. I just have to check that sign out. I already gave them my application online a month ago.

Bonnibella said...

So cool you get a special VIP black shirt

Lolia S said...

Awww, thanks Coco. Tuttimelon Bear wishes the shirts came in his size.

bananas. said...

how fun! i really need to make more grand openings.

Anonymous said...

That's what the owner of Cultive told me. He said they were opening yesterday but luckily I decided not to go to their grand opening.

Anonymous said...

According to their website, they are opening today.

Admin said...

You get a black shirt, great and the shirt looks good.

DSSK said...

I love your blog Fro-Yo Girl. I've always wondered this, how do the stores that give away tshirts on grand opening order their tshirts? Does everyone get the same size or do they have different sizes. What happens when someone comes up and their size is out?

I know I love you, XOXO :)

DSSK

Lolia S said...

Dear DSSK,

From what I've seen, the stores that give out shirts usually get mostly medium and large sizes. People can ask what size they want but once the size is out, they have to choose from the sizes that are left. It's first come first serve so if you want to get your size, get there early.