Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Julie's Organic Frozen Yogurt Review


Fro-yo girl here. I found Julie's Organic Frozen Yogurt in the freezer at the Cheese Boutique. I'm not sure how many fro-yo flavors are available (there was more than one at CB, none were tart) but I took home a pint of Vanilla Bean. Julie's is an Oregon Ice Cream brand that also offers a line of organic ice cream. In addition to being organic and lowfat, Julie's fro-yo has prebiotic fiber and six active probiotic yogurt cultures. The list of ingredients is short (which is a good sign).

I found their fro-yo to be quite sweet but also smooth, rich and pure tasting. I was happy to see vanilla bean flecks. The texture is very thick and sticky, almost like gelato. I topped mine with crunchy organic cereal from Cascadian Farms. Yum.

Minor flaws: it's too sticky and it tastes more like gelato than fro-yo.

4.5 stars out of 5

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* CHEESE BOUTIQUE: 666 Chenery St., San Francisco, CA

8 comments:

bananas. said...

k what is the cheese boutique and where can i find it?! sounds amazing!!!

bananas. said...

oh. haha. just saw the addy at the bottom of your post.

Bonnibella said...

Amazed that Cheese Boutique carries frozen yogurt. I noticed the pre packed frozen yogurt is very different from freezing fresh fro-yo.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any news on the Nubi location at Portrero Center in San Francisco?

Lolia S said...

Hi Anonymous,

I'm not sure if you asked me about Nubi's new SF location before but someone did. I asked my Nubi contact...didn't hear back from him. Sorry.

Lolia S said...

Hi Coco,

Yes, the supermarket fro-yo texture is very different than freezing fresh fro-yo. I prefer re-freezing fresh fro-yo to the store-bought stuff but I'm still curious about supermarket fro-yo.

stellaincognita said...

I've been meaning to comment to let you know that the Berkeley & Oakland Whole Foods have pints of Cefiore original tart (and some of their sweet flavors)!

Lolia S said...

Wow, thanks Stella. That's huge news about Cefiore. I'll have to look for it.