Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tuttimelon Union City Grand Opening Coverage















Fro-yo girl here. April 11th marked another major day in Tuttimelon’s history, the grand opening celebration for their first self-serve location at Union Landing in Union City. After attending many Tuttimelon openings, I can say that the UC event was by far the biggest and most tuttilicious of them all.

All five fro-yo machines were ready for action as an eager crowd formed in front of the store. There were many families and very excited looking fro-yo eaters. Roy L. and Patrick W. were kind enough to let me in before the doors opened to the public.

The lucky first 50 received a cute portable set of iPod speakers w/ the Tuttimelon logo (a true collector’s item). I received the first gift (it pays to be fro-yo girl). The first person in the store was a young boy.

From 12 – 2 PM, free fro-yo flowed (good times). Patrons received a small cup which they could fill to their hearts content, selecting from 10 types of fro-yo and the fresh fruit, mochi balls, cereal, nuts and so forth at the toppings bar. I had the chance to chat w/ many of the Tuttimelon employees (they are so nice!). Spotted at the event: Keith, the manager of Tuttimelon San Mateo, incognito in regular street clothes.

I’m not sure who won the raffle but there were three prizes given out to lucky fro-yo eaters: a Best Buy gift card, iPod Touch, and a Sony Playstation 3.

I have visited nearly every self-serve place in the Bay Area and I can say with confidence that Tuttimelon has the best self-serve fro-yo in the Bay Area. Lucky Union City!

I also wanted to show off this beautiful cup of pomegranate fro-yo w/ Lucky Charms and coconut that Roy L. styled just for me. Yes, it’s self-serve but he was nice enough to still serve me (swoon). I need swirling lessons.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* TUTTIMELON UNION CITY: 33280 Dyer St., Union City, CA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Tuttimelon speakers!

Anonymous said...

wow speakers! I'm impressed! Red mango gave one size fit all shirts on their opening. Not useful in my perspective :o)

Dee L