Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tuttimelon San Mateo Grand Opening Coverage


Fro-yo girl here. What an exciting, Tuttilicious day! Of course I had to swing by the grand opening of Tuttimelon San Mateo. And of course Roy L. (Mr. Tuttimelon) was expecting me. I also had the pleasure of meeting Keith, the San Mateo store manager. It was my first time trying young coconut (love the chewy texture) and the new pastel mochi topping. Isn’t the cup of fro-yo that Roy L. put together gorgeous? I can never make it look that nice.

The San Mateo location has a lengthy menu by fro-yo shop standards, including shaved ice, gelato, yogurt smoothies, coffee, affrogato, gelato shakes, Yoggi drinks and even handmade cones. For those of you who missed the free fro-yo giveaway from 11 AM – 1 PM on opening day, you can still take advantage of the 99 cents small original tart special.

I was very impressed with the arrangement Tuttimelon has with the Instyle Salon next door. You can order your fro-yo from the salon and they’ll deliver to you. They plan on offering this service at other spas and nail salons that happen to be next to/very close to Tuttimelon. I guess it would be too difficult to eat fro-yo during a manicure or body massage, so it’s really best enjoyed during a foot massage or pedicure.

As for Tuttimelon, you can expect to continue to see more Tuttimelon locations spring up all over the Bay Area and even abroad. The next location to open is Cupertino Village. In addition to their foray into the world of self-serve fro-yo, they also plan on opening multiple locations inside shopping malls for people like me (I love shopping and I love eating fro-yo while shopping).

Thanks again, Roy L., for being such a wonderful host and congratulations Tuttimelon!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* TUTTIMELON SAN MATEO: 165 E. 4th Ave., San Mateo, CA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drool - that cup of fro-yo is a work of art