Friday, January 23, 2009

Inside the Pinkberry Santana Row VIP Event




Fro-yo girl here. Many thanks to Pinkberry for tonight’s VIP event! It’s the nicest fro-yo launch party I’ve seen. For those of you who weren’t there on the pink carpet, guests at the invitation only event were treated to unlimited fro-yo and toppings, a complimentary signature Pinkberry tote bag with a Pinkberry Santana Row t-shirt inside, wine, and music.

The event occurred in a tent set up right next to the actual Pinkberry store. The tent was larger than the store so it could accommodate more fro-yo VIPs. I’m not sure who was on the guest list but I suspect that most were food bloggers and members of the media. Most attendees were dressed casually but there were a couple of guys in suits. Photographers were on hand to take pictures of people and their fro-yo (how glamorous).

Pinkberry employees flitted in between the store and the tent carrying fro-yo on trays in all three fro-yo flavors: Pomegranate, Original and Green Tea. It was my first time trying their pomegranate fro-yo and it was my favorite flavor – the tangiest one.

The music was loud so it wasn’t too easy to carry on a conversation but the free fro-yo kept me occupied. The toppings bar in the center of the tent included bowls of Cap’n Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, chocolate chips, yogurt chips, granola, etc. on a sea of pink satin. They didn’t have any mochi balls. I can’t really complain because the free fro-yo kept coming during the two hour event – and the gift bag was an unexpected surprise.

Apparently there were some celebrities at the event: The Used, Buckcherry, Joe Manganiello, NOFX, Rancid and After Midnight Project. Unfortunately, I don't know how any of them look like! I looked them up. I definitely saw Joe Manganiello of One Tree Hill. He was behind the counter at the Pinkberry shop and he asked for mochi balls and pomegranate seeds for his fro-yo. And chocolate chips I think? I remember staring because mochi balls and pomegranate seeds are my favorite toppings.

The CEO of Pinkberry was also at the event. He’s not Korean! We saw him behind the counter of the Pinkberry shop. I had to confirm that they had mochi balls at the shop (they do - whew). Congrats to Pinkberry and best wishes for many years of swirly goodness.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

howard schultzm the founder of starbucks and former ceo, did purchase the pinkberry chain last yr for 26.5 mil. i would assume, the ceo of pinkberry wouldnt be shelly hwang.

Rayfil @Campusfork.com said...

Hi Fro Yo girls,

Rayfil from Campusfork.com/blog1

Currently in Hong Kong, any fro here?

email me:
info@campsfork.com

keep writing