Friday, March 23, 2012

Lucky Layla Farms Yogurt Drink Review




Fro-yo girl here. Yogurt drinks that taste like Yakult are far too sweet for me and I gave up trying all the different brands that I spot in Asian supermarkets. Yogurt smoothies tend to be too sweet as well. Middle Eastern yogurt drinks are actually salted and take some getting used to. I spotted Lucky Layla Farms probiotic yogurt drinks at Whole Foods and decided to give the plain one a try.

I was stunned by the natural sweetness and luxurious thick smoothness of Lucky Layla’s plain yogurt drink. They don’t add sugar to the natural plain yogurt drink. Their drinkable yogurt drink is naturally sweeter than the other plain yogurt drinks that I’ve tried (for example, Siggi’s has a similar plain yogurt drink with no added sugar).


Is it the cows that make the difference? They use milk from award-winning Guernsey and Jersey cows that are free to roam on Texas grassland and cool down in lakes. They don’t use water, powdered milk or thickeners.

Lucky Layla’s drinkable yogurt comes in 10 fruit flavors (made with real fruit of course) such as mango, blueberry, blackberry, pina colada and strawberry. Look for it at Whole Foods, Sprouts and Central Markets. I haven’t seen it in any San Francisco Whole Foods locations but they had it in Seattle ($1.99 regular price, 2 for $3 on sale for an 8 oz. bottle).

Rating: 5/5

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: