Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Flavored Mochi at Kukje


Fro-yo girl here. While Kukje Market appears to be out of or no longer carry Dae Doo Food Co. mochi balls, they now have flavored mochi balls! They’re tiny and come on a Styrofoam tray with plastic wrapping. The “mochiquitas” flavors are melon, coconut and strawberry ($3.49 per package). I believe they are manufactured by Wang but it doesn’t say so on the packaging. Look for them in the refrigerated section near the produce department (where the tofu is).

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* KUKJE: 2350 Junipero Serra, Daly City, CA

2 comments:

brandonsmom said...

thanks! do you know if i can buy fresh mochi balls anywhere in the south bay?

Lolia S said...

Fresh? I don't know where to get fresh ones but the packaged ones stay soft. I haven't looked for mochi balls in the Korean markets in the South Bay but I saw that Trendy Bean had Dae Doo Food Co. mochi balls in their fridge. Trendy Bean Santa Clara. I am not sure if they still sell those. Sorry - I'm just not in that area that much these days.