Thursday, April 29, 2021

Finally, Dedicated Purple Rice Yogurt Shops Are Opening in the Los Angeles Area


Fro-yo girl here. Last year, I searched high and low for purple rice yogurt drinks in Los Angeles. I finally found some at The Alley and also Gotcha Tea House in Rosemead. A few places have purple rice milk tea drinks but not purple rice yogurt. I knew of a purple rice yogurt drink place that was supposed to open in Arcadia but then the pandemic struck. I don’t think the shop ever opened. But Yomie's (the Australian purple rice yogurt chain) is coming to Westfield Santa Anita in Arcadia and San Gabriel too. They've already opened in the Bay Area, in Millbrae and in SoCal (Rowland Heights). The Rowland Heights location opened this week!

On a recent froyo run, I noticed a sign for From Yogurt in the same strip mall as Yogurtland Alhambra. From Yogurt’s sign mentions fruit, yogurt, and purple rice. Of course, the first word I saw was yogurt and my first thought was frozen yogurt. They’re taking over the Mr. Matcha space. Since they mentioned WeChat, I assume it’s Chinese-owned.

I’ll report back once it opens. We're getting multiple purple rice yogurt shops!

For a history of purple rice yogurt drinks and health benefits, see IFYA’s post, Now Trending: Purple Rice Yogurt Drinks.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

FROM YOGURT: 29 Valley Blvd, Alhambra, CA 91801

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.


No comments: