Fro-yo girl here. Way back in 2012, I reviewed Foxy’s Pash Premium Frozen Yogurt: http://froyogirl.blogspot.com/2012/09/foxys-pash-frozen-yogurt-review.html
Foxy’s Pash was positioned as a low calorie, low sugar, lowfat guilt free, all-natural, premium frozen yogurt. In reality, their product did not have a premium taste, but at least it did taste natural. I found several flavors to be bland and icy. My pints of Foxy’s sat in my freezer for awhile and I finally wound up throwing them out. I wasn’t eager to try anything by Foxy’s again.
At some point around 2014-2015, the founders of Foxy’s decided to rebrand and relaunch a new product, Foxy’s Thoughtful Ice Creams, in 2016. The new look was cleaner and more modern. The old look reminded me of 1950’s American teenagers). The new flavors and packaging emphasized the quality of ingredients they use. The new positioning was as a healthy, indulgent (not lowfat), ice cream with less sugar, probiotics, and prebiotics. Compared to a typical frozen yogurt, Foxy’s has higher fat and less sugar. Compared to ice cream, Foxy’s has no eggs, less sugar, prebiotics, and probiotics. In fact, it has at least 1 billion probiotics per serving.
I decided to try Foxy’s Thoughtful Ice Creams since I found them at Grocery Outlet at a deep discount, $2.49 a pint. According to the sign, they retail for $6.49 elsewhere. Grocery Outlet had three flavors: Rather Thoughtful Vanilla, Oregon Cherry Vanilla, and Uncle Mike’s Double Chocolate.
- Oregon Cherry Vanilla: When I took the lid off, I didn’t see any cherries. I did encounter cherry pieces later, but this flavor needs a cherry jam or more cherry flavor. It tastes like vanilla with a tiny hit of cherries. I didn’t miss the sugar because they also added agave inulin. It tasted as sweet as other ice creams. The texture seemed firmer and a bit icier, probably because it's egg-free. The flavor was mild and pleasant though the vanilla flavor wasn’t strong either. Foxy’s Thoughtful Ice Creams tastes better than Foxy’s Pash, though I’d still like more flavor.
Ingredients: Milk, cream, sugar (cane), nonfat milk powder, cherry halves (cherries, sugar), cherry pieces (cherries, sugar [cane]), cherry juice concentrate, natural flavor), vanilla extract, organic agave inulin, Xanthan gum, locust bean gum, guar gum, Probiotics: L. Acidophilus, L. Plantarum, L. Salivarius, L. Rhamnosus, B. Lactis, and B. Biffidum.
The available flavors are:
- Salted Caramel & English Toffee
- Uncle Mike’s Double Chocolate
- California Pistachio
- Oregon Cherry Vanilla
- Rocky Road Less Travelled
- Rather Thoughtful Vanilla
Foxy’s is mainly available on West Coast but can be purchased online for $8.99/each.
For stores, see: https://thoughtfulicecream.com/where-to-buy/
3.5 out of 5 stars.
You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.
Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.