Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Foxy’s Pash Frozen Yogurt Review




Fro-yo girl here. I was recently lucky enough to try Foxy’s Pash Premium Frozen Yogurt (thanks Foxy’s!). Foxy’s got its start in Australia. It’s now available in the US and it’s made with real California milk. Foxy’s is all-natural, guilty free (low in sugar, low in fat, gluten free, kosher), unique, and luxurious. A ½ cup serving of Foxy’s is 80 - 100 calories compared to 200 calories and up for a ½ cup of Ben & Jerry’s Greek Frozen Yogurt. Foxy’s contains live and active cultures. 

Pashing in encouraged. I consulted the Australian slang dictionary to understand what pash meant.Pash refers to kissing with some tongue action involved.

Foxy’s comes in four flavors: Cheeky Pash, Sneaky Pash, Naughty Pash & Sassy Pash. The fro-yo is easy to scoop and smooth.

* CHEEKY PASH (Mango & passionfruit smoothie): The creamiest of the four flavors, it’s very sweet and the flavors of mango and passionfruit are faint. There’s no tartness.
* SASSY PASH (Vanilla bean & strawberry hunks): It’s light pink and looks like strawberry ice cream with vanilla bean flecks. I was expecting a vanilla fro-yo with pieces of strawberry. Hmm. The strawberry flavor is faint and very sweet...it reminds me of strawberry banana. The flavor is just too sweet. Where were the hunks?
* SNEAKY PASH (Wild berry & chocolate flakes): Also a very sweet, icy treat. I liked the tiny chocolate flakes that were quite abundant. The berry flavor was definitely sweet and mild with no tanginess.
* NAUGHTY PASH (Honeycomb & caramel chunks): It’s very sweet and tastes like a mellow caramel.The texture is interesting; it’s not dense or too airy but it’s on the icy side. I didn’t see any caramel chunks. The flavor was pleasant but I was expecting a stronger honey flavor with visible chunks.

If someone were to ask me how I pash, I now know the answer: Sneaky. But what I’d really like is a good vanilla fro-yo with chocolate flakes, a Sneaky Sassy Pash. Or even better, a tangy fro-yo. While I liked how Foxy’s is low in calories, it seems like the cutback in calories came at the expense of creaminess and flavor. As ice milk is to ice cream, Foxy’s is to frozen yogurt. Ice yogurt?

You can order Foxy’s Pash from Icecreamsource.com

3 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your review! I was going to get some of this, but have changed my mind after seeing your post. Thanks for saving me some $$!