Saturday, February 10, 2018

Smoothie Beauty Mask Review



Fro-yo girl here. My dedication to yogurt extends to beauty products with yogurt. Recently, I spotted Smoothie Beauty masks in the refrigerator at Riley Rose at the Glendale Galleria.

NYC-based Smoothie Beauty launched earlier this year with a line of fresh, organic food-based face masks that can be delivered to your door. There’s also an option to add Smoother Boosters (superfoods or natural ingredients) to the masks to boost the effectiveness of the masks. The line is all natural. It’s like a mask you could whip together on your own, only they’ve done all the work for you.

Riley Rose had several kinds of masks and some Smoother Boosters too. Only one of the masks didn’t have Greek yogurt. The masks were .85 fl oz and $10.50 each and one packet contains enough for two applications. The ingredients reminded me of ones you’d see in a smoothie. All their products are actually safe to eat and have a best by date stamped on. Once you open the packet, you should use the contents within six days.

* Sunrise mask (for brightening): The mask had just a few ingredients: whole milk Greek yogurt, turmeric, whole grain oats, raw active manuka honey, and lemon juice and peel. The packet looked small but the mask was creamy, so a little went a long way. I left it on for 15 minutes. I didn’t like the scent, which is a big problem, since I kept smelling it on my face. It was something about the odor of the oats and honey that I didn’t find pleasant. The mask was cold and creamy. After washing it off, my skin did feel a bit more moisturized and definitely tighter. It didn’t seem brighter but that probably takes multiple applications to see. 


I thought I applied the mask generously to my face and neck, but I had a fair amount left after two applications. 

Since I didn’t like the scent, I wouldn’t buy it again. Plus, the ingredients are so simple that I could have made the mask myself. But, I appreciate the fact that the mask was all natural and organic.

Update: I haven't seen any Smoothie Beauty products at Riley Rose lately. The fridge where Smoothie Beauty products were kept is now filled with beverages.

4 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* RILEY ROSE: 2131 Galleria Way, Glendale, CA 91210

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: