Thursday, August 17, 2017

Custom Shakes Now at Yogurtland Lakewood




Fro-yo girl here. Yogurtland Lakewood now offers custom shakes. It’s currently the only Yogurtland location to offer shakes. The shakes are $5.99 each. They’re available in one size.

The process is easy. Pick up a metal cup at the shake station and fill it to the line with frozen yogurt (you can choose any flavor/s you’re in the mood for). Then, fill the cup to the top with anything from the toppings bar, including sauces, fruits, cheesecake, candy, cereal, etc. Once the cup is full, take it to a Yogurtland employee for blending. After blending, you can add whipped cream and more toppings!

I did hear that gummy bears sometimes get caught in the blender so you might want to save those as a topping vs. use them as a blend in.

I didn’t want a very sweet shake, so I chose plain tart (one of their best flavors) and doused it with lots of raspberry puree. Their premium fruit purees are really good. I was essentially creating a raspberry tart froyo shake. For mix-ins, I selected fresh strawberries, blueberries and some Cap’n Crunch.

My shake was super thick, tart and fruity. The fruit seeds added texture. The Cap’n Crunch got lost after being blended but maybe I didn’t put enough in my cup. The cup was 20 ozs and it was filled to above the brim. I added another spoonful of Cap’n Crunch. It’s a good deal – tons of yogurt and toppings – but it’s super filling. I can’t eat over 20 ozs of froyo at once.

With so many froyo flavors, toppings, sauces and syrups, there’s room for endless creativity and customization.

P.S. Don’t forget $5 Unlimited Cup Tuesdays at Yogurtland Lakewood, August 22 & August 29 from 11 AM - 5 PM.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* YOGURTLAND LAKEWOOD: 5017 Lakewood Blvd., Lakewood, CA 90712.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: