Wednesday, December 16, 2015

New Holiday Dessert Fair Flavor at Menchie’s: Fresh Baked Oatmeal Raisin Cookie


Fro-yo girl here. The last of the new “Holiday Dessert Fair” flavors, Fresh Baked Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, was scheduled to launch in stores yesterday but I had some difficulty finding it (they planned to put it in that evening).

I confess that I despise raisins, so I was afraid of the new flavor. However, I do like oatmeal and oatmeal cookies so I was also curious. Fresh Baked Oatmeal Raisin Cookie froyo is made with real cinnamon, oats and raisins. One thing I don’t like about raisins is that the flavor is intense and concentrated. Because the raisins are in teeny bits in the froyo, there wasn’t a huge burst of raisin flavor (a good thing). I could taste raisins but also other flavors, raisins were just one component. The flavor was creamy and comforting. It did taste like it was supposed to. If you have a sweet tooth, I bet the Cinnabon icing would complement the flavor, because I remember how oatmeal raisin cookies were often iced.

Recommended toppings: White chocolate chips, Nilla wafers, cheesecake pieces, Cinnabon icing

For some reason the South Pasadena Menchie’s is still out of Alvin spoons. Both the Menchie’s in Monrovia and Alhambra have Alvin spoons.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: