Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Stonyfield Petite Crème Review



Fro-yo girl here. Have you taken the Stonyfield personality quiz? Answer four questions and you’ll be paired with the Stonyfield product that best matches your personality.

According to the quiz, Petite Crème best suits me. I’m surprised because it’s not yogurt, though it is yogurt like. Petite Crème is Greek yogurt’s less tangy French cousin. It’s described as mild, silky and less tart. It’s inspired by the French fromage blanc, a sweet fresh cows’ milk cheese.

The reason I love yogurt is its tart and tangy quality, so the idea of a more mild, less tart isn’t appealing. In fact I saw Petit Crème months ago but it wasn’t on my “to try” list because it isn’t yogurt.

I found Petite Crème on sale at Whole Foods, 4 for $5. The suggested retail price is $1.99 (Whole Foods charges $2.19). A cup is 5.3 ozs with 10g of protein and 2.5g of total fat.

Flavors: Vive La Vanilla, La Vie en Strawberry, Belle Blueberry, Mon Cherry Amour, Ooh Lala Peach, Plain & Simple, Strawberry-Banana Menage

  • Vive La Vanilla: It’s clumpier than Greek yogurt but otherwise similar in consistency and thickness. The flavor is less tangy but still has some tang. It’s fairly sweet. I found it less flavorful than a good Greek yogurt and more “cream” tasting. It wasn’t noticeably cheesy.
  • La Vie en Strawberry: Similar in consistency to Vive La Vanilla but the strawberry gave it more flavor. I liked the tiny strawberry bits. It was still sweeter and less tangy than I prefer. Mr. Froyo felt that it was not significantly different from yogurt.
  • Belle Blueberry: Thick, creamy, sweet yet some tang, more bland and less tangy than Greek, a few tiny blueberries at the bottom have little flavor 

My favorite flavor: La Vie en Strawberry

Ingredients (Vive La Vanilla): Cultured pasteurized organic nonfat milk, organic sugar, organic cream, organic corn starch, organic natural vanilla flavor, organic guar gum, organic vanilla bean specks

The product is interesting but not as different from yogurt as I thought it would be. I did like it better than Stonyfield Oh My Yog!

4 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: