Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Best Swirl of 2014



Fro-yo girl here. I'm about to swirl my last cup of froyo for the year, so it's a good time to look back at all my cups of froyo consumed in 2014.

You can see all my 2014 froyo cups consumed on my Pinterest board, Froyo Consumed by Me in 2014.

After looking at all my cups of froyo that I swirled this year, I picked out the nicest cup of froyo that I personally swirled.

And the winner is...a cup of Flan and Black Currant Berry Tart froyo with praline macadamia nuts, chocolate covered almonds, mochi, strawberries and graham cracker crumbs swirled on March 31 at Yogurtland San Francisco during the 2nd Annual Yogurtland Flavor Quest. I couldn't get enough of the flan flavor and I loved black currant berry tart as well.

It's more challenging to swirl two separate flavors side by side than one flavor. In my best swirled cup, I've achieved two swirls of equal height and diameter, with well defined swirls that point in the same direction. Not easy.

It was interesting to look back at all my cups of froyo to see which flavors and toppings I selected. I found out the following:

* 21% of my cups weren't swirled by me (I went to a full serve froyo shop)
* 18% of my cups contained pumpkin froyo, since it's generally available for 2-3 months, that's a lot of pumpkin froyo
* Over 130 cups of froyo consumed, or more than a cup of froyo every 3 days

Want to make your swirl look nicer? Read IFYA's Froyo Swirling Tips and get plenty of practice.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: