Monday, July 8, 2013

Yogurtland Looney Tunes “Flavors with Character” Launch Party








Fro-yo girl here. Today’s the big day, the launch of the Yogurtland Looney Tunes Flavors with Character promotion! There were three national launch parties (Burbank, CA; Dallas, TX; Brooklyn, NY) and local launch parties in 10 states. Luckily, I’m in California, where most of the launch parties occurred.

The launch parties featured free fro-yo and giveaways, such as Looney Tunes fans and tote bags. 
I had so much to do during my trip to Yogurtland, including checking out the new flavors, new cups, new spoons, merchandise for sale, and launch party giveaways. I also scanned the QSR code for one of the new flavors. Collect 4 codes and get 4 ounces of free fro-yo, 6 codes and 6 ounces of free fro-yo. 

At the launch party, the first 75 people got their pick of a door prize: green Looney Tunes/Yogurtland tote bag, Looney Tunes/Yogurtland stickers or a Looney Tunes/Yogurtland fan. Each guest also received an 8 ounce cup to fill with fro-yo and toppings.

  • New Yogurtland/Looney Tunes merchandise: 2 notepads, pack of pencils, 6 keychains featuring Looney Tunes characters in Yogurtland cups, reusable frozen yogurt bowls
  • New flavors: Bugs Bunny Carrot Cake and Daffy Duck Decadent Dark Chocolate Orange. It’s hard for me to judge them because I don’t eat/like carrot cake and I don’t like chocolate frozen yogurt. Both were creamy. The carrot cake frozen yogurt had a distinctive rich cream cheese flavor which was stronger than the cake flavor. I could also taste cinnamon. The dark chocolate orange frozen yogurt tasted more like fudge/cocoa with a hint of orange. It reminded me of Terry’s Chocolate Orange.
  • New cups: There were two new designs, one featuring Bugs Bunny, the other Daffy Duck.
  • New spoons: This was the most exciting part for me. The Bugs Bunny spoon is grey and Daffy Duck is orange. The spoons feature the character heads, not their bodies.
I forgot to check out the new toppings: carrots and dark chocolate orange covered cranberries.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.


Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

10 comments:

ZeldaZonk said...

The launch party in Kent, WA was a lot of fun also. They did free yogurt from 11am-12pm and everyone who showed up during that hour got a tote bag, the fan, and the tattoos. They also had someone doing face painting from 11:30am to 12:30pm, so it was a fun time for all. Of course, the new spoons and cups were the real highlight! I really liked the Carrot Cake flavor, but the Decadent Orange Dark Chocolate was nothing to get too excited about. Can't wait to get the rest of the spoons and cups this summer. They'll look great next to the Sanrio collection from the past two summers!

Lolia S said...

I noticed that at some launch parties, everyone got the tote bag, tattoos and fan. I can do without the fan but the temporary tattoos were cute.

- FYG

chao said...

Can you please post a bigger picture of the Daffy Duck qr code? I was traveling and missed it :(

chao said...

Can you please post higher resolution picture of the Daffy Duck pic and code? I was traveling and missed that one!

Lolia S said...

The Daffy Duck flavor is still at many Yogurtland locations.

- FYG

Anonymous said...

Can you please post a clearer image of Bugs Bunny. When i tried to scan him, twice my phone said only one character per day, even though it was two days after scanning daffy. And the lady told me to scan daffy first since he was on his way out. So now i am pretty irritated that I have missed Bugs and my chance at 6 free ounces.

Lolia S said...

I don't have a clearer picture of the Bugs Bunny QR code at the moment, but I'll see if I can try to get one. Check back here since I'm not sure how I can contact you otherwise.

- FYG

Lolia S said...

Hi Chao,

Email me if you still need the Daffy Duck QR code: froyogirl@gmail.com

- FYG

Alisa said...

Could you email me the daffy duck code?
sarahal39@hotmail.com
If anyone needs any other codes, let me know!

Alisa said...

Can you email me the daffy duck code?
sarahal39@hotmail.com
If anyone needs any other codes, let me know!

Alisa