Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chobani Bite Review



Fro-yo girl here. Chobani introduced Chobani Bite in January 2013. The flavors (different than typical yogurt flavors) caught my eye and the packaging is adorable. Each Bite is 3.5 ounces, perfect for a light snack. Sold in packs of four at a suggested retail price of $2.99, Chobani Bite is an all natural Greek yogurt product available in four flavors:

* Fig with Orange Zest
* Raspberry with Dark Chocolate Chips
* Caramel with Pineapple
* Coffee with Dark Chocolate Chips


I first tried Coffee with Dark Chocolate Chips. The non-fat yogurt was creamy, thick, and smooth. The coffee yogurt has mild, not overly bitter, distinctive tangy coffee flavor. There weren’t that many chocolate chips. The chips are small, flat rectangular pieces of chocolate. The yogurt is more tangy than sweet. The chocolate pieces have strong, bitter dark chocolate flavor that enhances coffee flavor and add a little crunch but are pretty bitter. I like to add a nutty granola for crunch and sweetness.


The Raspberry with Dark Chocolate Chips flavor has the same tiny, flat dark chocolate bits. The raspberry yogurt is quite tart, which I really like. It tastes more natural.

I hope they'll add more flavors in the future, including Madagascar Vanilla.

I found Chobani Bite at Target for $2.99.

4.5 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* TARGET: 133 Serramonte Center, Daly City

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not like the coffee kind at all. It was oddly runny and I was really craving more chocolate satisfaction than it gave. It was about as satisfying as a cup of instant coffee, which is what it tasted like.

Unknown said...

my raspberry chocolate one was like soup it was so runny. the rest of the flavors like the coffee/chocolate, and the pinapple/caramel were good and the yogurt was creamy. I'm not sure what the deal with the raspberry was.