Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Milky’s: Innovative Fro-yo Shop Spotlight





Fro-yo girl here. While there are other kosher fro-yo places out there, including large fro-yo chains like Red Mango, Menchie’s and Tutti Frutti, Milky’s takes it one step further, offering 14 dairy and 4 kosher parve vegan self-serve fro-yo flavors a day. All their fro-yo and toppings are kosher but some are also parve and vegan. The vegan “fro-yo” is made with soy milk.

Plenty of toppings are kosher, including cheesecake bites, cookie dough, coconut, cereal, candy, nuts, sprinkles, cookies, chocolate chips and syrups, but not mochi.
I tried the simply tart (original fro-yo) and the original vegan fro-yo. Simply tart was soft, creamy, smooth and thick. I liked the sour, real fro-yo flavor. The original vegan soy fro-yo was a pleasant surprise. It was sweeter than I expected but also had a pleasant, mild tang. I could definitely taste the soy. It was icier than the simply tart but still smooth.


The prices differ (39 cents an ounce for non-vegan, 45 cents an ounce for parve/vegan) so if you want the vegan flavors, use a separate cup.

Sample cups are easily accessible and the toppings are labeled so you can easily identify which ones are parve. It’s a modern looking café with cute cups, a cat mascot, and free wi-fi. The cup was so cute that I saved it. I noticed the sign said smoothies but I didn’t see a smoothies menu.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* MILKY'S FROZEN YOGURT: 1429 S. Robertson Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035

1 comment:

Justine said...

My goodness, that looks so delicious! Australia has a lack of pure, tart froyo. Most of the time it's over sweetened to be more like icecream.

I'd like to see some American shops franchise in Australia!