Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yomamte Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Popsicle Review


Fro-yo girl here. My recent trip to Kukje for kim chee led to an exciting new find in the freezer section, Yomamte strawberry fro-yo popsicles. The Korean made popsicles come in an insulated pink bag. The bag ($5.49) contains 6 individually wrapped popsicles. I only saw one flavor (strawberry). One popsicle is 100 calories and 14 fl. oz. Ingredients: water, strawberry syrup, sugar, food starch, skim milk powder, yogurt powder, etc.






The popsicle has an elegant slender shape and a pale pink color with tiny strawberry pieces. It's very firm and icy yet had a pleasant milky flavor and is creamier than a fruit popsicle without dairy. I found it refreshing but a bit bland (not much strawberry flavor). It's not tangy but is sweet and has a real yogurt flavor (it's mild though).

The package shows a blonde girl in yoga looking clothing, to emphasize fitness and low calories, I presume. I didn't see anything about live and active cultures.

4 stars out of 5

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* KUKJE MARKET: 2350 Junipero Serra Blvd, Daly City, CA

No comments: