Saturday, July 23, 2011

Favorite Yogurt Brand Poll Results


Fro-yo girl here. I asked readers to vote for their favorite brand of Greek yogurt and the results are in. Fage won easily, with 46% of the vote. Chobani was a distant second, with 20% of the vote. Fage is the brand I think of first when I think of Greek yogurt and it's actually a Greek company. In 2008, they started manufacturing their yogurt in New York.

Earlier this year they expanded their product lineup Fage Total 0% flavors. Flavors: blueberry-acai, cherry-pomegranate, mango-guanabana, strawberry-goji and honey. I've seen Fage Total 0% flavors at Target and Whole Foods.


* Cherry-pomegranate Fage yogurt ($1.99 at Whole Foods): The cherry pomegranate is in a separate compartment and looks like a thick syrup with pieces of cherry. The yogurt is unsweetened, creamy, and sour. The cherry pomegranate mixture is very sweet and when I mixed it with the yogurt, it was more sour than it was tangy. I didn't like having to keep stirring it in and having uneven flavor. Find a coupon for Total 0% on the Fage website.

4 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

2 comments:

Bonnibella said...

Never had Fage must try soon!

Lolia S said...

I'm surprised. I thought you would have tried it by now because I know you love yogurt.

- FYG