Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fresh & Easy Tart Frozen Yogurt Review


Fro-yo girl here. Fresh & Easy has its private label brand of tart fro-yo available in the freezer section. I spotted one size, 32 ounces, and 2 flavors: Just Plain and Mango ($2.99). Both flavors are nonfat and have live and active cultures.
I'm not sure how long it's been offered...probably since late last year. We don't have F&E in the Bay Area, so I haven't been to one of their locations in months.

I tried the Plain Tart which is described as pleasantly tart with a hint of sweetness. It's definitely tart and does have a sweet aftertaste. I liked how it was more creamy, smoother and less acidic than Trader Joe's plain tart fro-yo. It's quite dense in texture and has a bit of sourness. I find it's better with toppings like almonds, fruit and cereal.

4 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

2 comments:

CatL said...

There are a few f&e in the bay. One in pleasanton. I believe Berkeley and sf has them too! They're great! I'll have to try the froyo

Lolia S said...

That's true...there is one in Pleasanton. I know they're opening one in the Outer Richmond but I don't think it's open yet (SF)...

- FYG